We have rose veal. That is the veal that is milk-fed and raised in non-confinement and allowed sunlight and exercise. It is tasty ground rose veal, and it is affordably priced at $6 a pound.
You can use it as wonderful meatloaf, main course meatballs, appetizer meatballs, and, of course,
Indian Spiced Ground Veal and Beef with Peas (Keema)
Cook time 25 minutes. Yields 4-6 servings.
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 onion, minced
* 8 ounces ground veal
* 8 ounces ground lean beef
* Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
* 2 large cloves garlic, minced
* 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
* 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (My suggestion is to use more, to taste!)
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh hot green chilies, or to taste (Got kids? Use less.)
* 3 cups frozen peas
* 1 lemon, juiced, or to taste
* 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, or to taste
* Indian flatbreads (rotis) or tortillas, as an accompaniment
In a nonstick skillet set over moderately high heat, warm the oil until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add the veal, beef, and salt and pepper to taste, and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Add the garlic, tomatoes, gingerroot, Garam Masala, and chilies, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the peas and continue to cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes more, or until flavors blend. Stir in the lemon juice and cilantro and correct seasoning, adding more salt if necessary. Either transfer to a bowl and serve with warm rotis or tortillas or spoon Keema down center of bread and roll up like a burrito.
If you are interested in a volume of ground veal, we can arrange a bulk price. Any inquiries: Simply call 413.625.2797.